If you’re a musician or band and want to get into the music industry and are looking for advice to help you get noticed, read on and I’ll give you a tip that may well help your ambitions.
Most people I speak to that want to break into the music industry seem to think that there are only two ways that they are going to get signed and make it big:
- Route One: Win an unsigned artist competition or an American Idol type show and grab instant success.
- Route Two: Get their demo heard by the A & R of a record label and get offered a deal.
I’m not hear to tell you that can’t and doesn’t happen, because it has and does and if you want to rely on the two routes above then that’s fine because it shows ambition and at least you’re aiming for something.
Let’s examine something for a minute or two, if you want success because you want to be popular and financially successful why not start now?
Build a following for your music and build a fan mailing list:
- If you are going to enter a competition to showcase your talent and you have a huge following in the crowd do you think that this will be an advantage?, you bet it will.
- If you send in a demo to a busy A & R guy and your accompanying info states that you have already gained a large following and you are looking to move your music up a level by signing with a label, do you think that your 30 second evaluation that most demo’s get will be listened to with more interest given that no-one wants to miss the next big thing?
How to get a fan mailing list and another huge reason why:
- Use a specialist service, it’s cheap and free to start with, Google fan bridge and you can learn all about it.
- The income you can gain by marketing your music and merchandise to a list of interested followers that feel a part of your growing musical success can be surprising.You can use the list to drive more fans to your website or Facebook page and I think you will agree that a band with a few thousand followers will find it easier to get more shows and more interest which equals more and more fans.
Our effective advertising campaigns grow your platform & audience. We also help you gather important data about your core fans demographics. If you make good music we can promote it! Click Here to get started